WizLink software consists of two separate applications – Designer and Runtime.
Designer is a workflow-oriented graphical scenario editor with built-in additional tools – data object hunter and test scenario runner. It provides business user with:
- Easy selection of screen objects participating in the scenario with the mouse
- Defining scenarios
- Read / write data from / to participating applications
- Algorithm for data transfer
- Controlling applications
- Data validation
- Scenario testing
WizLink Runtime executes the scenario on the workstation
- Does not allow to change the scenario contents
- Optionally performs logging of the selected activities during the scenario execution
Both parts, Designer and Runtime are running as local applications on a PC, with standard user privileges. No dedicated driver is necessary.
WizLink scenario is stored in a XML file. The file contents is readable and can be checked/audited. Optionally, this file can be encrypted for security purposes. The file is the same for all supported operating systems, from Windows XP up to Windows 8 – in both versions (32-bit/64-bit) and all supported browsers.